Please read the following letter regarding the re -opening of school.
ENHANCED COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Students in Grades 1 to 12 must wear masks or face coverings, unless an approved exemption form has been received:
- in schools, including in hallways and during classes
- on school transportation
- outdoors, where physical distance cannot be maintained
Students in kindergarten are also required to wear non-medical or cloth masks in indoor spaces, including school transportation.
Mandatory Self-Screening of Students & Staff
Students and staff need to check for symptoms of illness every day before going to school. You can screen your child or yourself by taking the COVID-19 school and child care screening
Enhanced On-site Screening
Schools will conduct daily on-site confirmation of self-screening for secondary students, staff and visitors – either before entering the school, or at the start of the school day.
As of February 10, all secondary students must confirm their COVID-19 self-screening result daily.
Teachers and staff
As of January 25, all school staff must confirm their COVID-19 self-screening result daily.
Visitors to Schools
Non-essential visitors, including parents, are not allowed in schools. Only essential visitors are allowed to enter schools. Essential visitors include people who:
- ensure school safety, such as through inspections by the fire marshal’s office or by public health
- provide school-based health services to students
- are parents (properly masked), dropping off extended day students