Bulldog Bulletin – Week of January 4, 2021
Happy New Year to Our Bulldog Families!
Virtual Learning Reminders – Week of January 4-8
- All students, JK-Gr. 8, are required to ‘attend’ school from 8:25a.m. to 2:55 p.m. (our regular school hours)
- Teachers will provide a daily schedule and each day will consist of both synchronous (live instruction – whole class, small group, or individual) and asynchronous learning (students working independently on a task)
- Synchronous sessions will be with your child’s Classroom Teacher as well as their Planning Time Teacher (Arts, Music, Phys Ed) and/or French Teacher (Gr. 4-8)
- At times, some students may be working in small groups with a teacher while other students work independently
- Our bell times, including recess and lunch, remain the same – where possible, students are encouraged to get outside and be active during breaks
- If your child requires a Chromebook to engage in virtual learning this week, a reminder to please email Principal Dave Lynch email@example.com with your child’s full name, grade and classroom teacher’s name
- A reminder that The Ontario Government’s ‘Support for Learners’ program https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-support-learners provides parents of children JK-Gr. 12 with $200 that can be used to purchase a learning device. Deadline is Feb. 8th
Virtual learning is still very new to both staff and students and it will look quite different from the remote learning that took place in the spring, where there was not an emphasis on live or synchronous instruction. We ask everyone for your patience and understanding as we endeavor to provide your children with the best teaching and learning experiences possible under these circumstances.
Thank your for your continued support and partnership.
January 4th – Happy New Year and Welcome Back (Virtually)!
January 11th – Present Return to School Date (In Class)
January 22nd – PA Day (no school for students)
February 3rd – Winter Walk to School Day
February 15th – Family Day (schools are closed)
February 17th – Ash Wednesday
February 18th – Term 1 Report Cards Go Home
March 15-19 – March Break
April 2nd – Good Friday (schools are closed)
April 4th – Happy Easter!
April 5th – Easter Monday (schools are closed)
May 24th – Victoria Day (schools are closed)
June 4th – PA Day (no school for students)
June 28th – Term 2 Report Cards Go Home
June 29th – Last Day of the 2020-2021 School Year