Bulldog Bulletin – Week of October 19, 2020
Mrs. Dasilva (JK/K) and her husband are expecting their first child in the coming days, AND M. Moustakas and his wife are expecting their sixth child in the next week or so. Please keep their families in your prayers during these exciting times. Beginning tomorrow, Mrs. Ritz will be replacing Mrs. Dasilva and Madam Correa will be filling in for M. Moustakas for the next six weeks.
Health & Safety Reminders
Thank you to all of our parents for doing your part with keeping your children/our students safe while here at school. We truly are ‘all in this together’ so thank you for not only keeping the health of your children & family in mind, but everyone else’s family too. A reminder that Public Health is asking parents (on behalf of their children) & staff to complete the COVID-19 self-assessment every day before coming to school. The self-assessment tool has been updated and now reflects two tiers of symptoms. Here is a link to the online screening form: http://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
With Halloween fast approaching, here are a couple of ways we will be celebrating at St. Kateri:
- All students and staff are welcome to dress up in their Halloween costume Friday, October 30th (Catholic elementary school appropriate, please)
- No Halloween masks please – we will all need to wear our other masks 😉
- Students will have an opportunity to participate in a colouring contest (templates shared with teachers) for their chance to win one of nine Chapters/Indigo gift cards.
- Teachers have an option of using an art class to make Halloween/fall themed paper bag lanterns
- Huge thank you to the parents on our CSAC Halloween sub-committee for organizing the colouring contest and lantern art activity!
IEP and Progress Report Card Distribution Date
Individual Education Plans will go home with students on October 20th
And, Progress Report Cards will be distributed Friday, November 20th
Student Washroom Concern
Parents – please take some time to talk with your children about a concerning issue at our school. Below is the announcement that was shared with our Junior and Intermediate students today:
A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – both the girls’ and boys’ Jr/Intermediate washrooms are being vandalized. If you are one of the students making a mess in the washrooms, kindly stop. If you know of someone, or see someone, vandalizing the washrooms, please speak to Mrs. Kavanagh or Mr. Lynch.
We would like to ensure students are: respecting school property, respectful of each other (ensuring washrooms are left in good condition for other students), and respectful of our custodial staff who have had to spend more time cleaning our student washrooms.