The time has come to let the community know that the 2022 Christmas Miracle Food Hamper Project is a go for this year!!!
The last 2 years had been challenging due to the COVID-19 uncertainties, but one thing is guaranteed — we cannot cancel Christmas. The committee has been busy planning and getting things ready for this yearly event. This will be another challenging year due to the post effect of COVID-19 to the economy, thus affecting each, and every one of us in our community.
The annual Christmas Miracle Food Hamper Project was started in 1982 by Florence Carbray (who sadly passed in early 2020). This is her legacy – to bring the community together as one. Since then, this project has significantly grown into delivering 50 healthy food hampers with hats and mitts, and books for children. This is now coordinated by 11 committee members, who work closely with DPPCA (Doon Pioneer Park Community Association). We are thankful for the continued support received from area schools, churches, businesses, and individuals over the past 39 years, and look forward to working with the community for the year 2022.
This will be our 40th year to make this happen. With your help and support, we know we can do this. You make this project possible ! We are all in this together !
SPREAD THE WORD (If you or know of anyone who can benefit from this project)
- We are looking for 50 families within the Doon area (N2P/N2R postal codes) who are in need of a FOOD HAMPER.
- You can register and qualify until Dec. 7 th , 2022 via the following methods.
- call the Doon Pioneer Park Community Center – DPPCC at (519) 741-2641 or
- email AnnualChristmasMiracleProject@gmail.com
- provide your name and phone number/email address
- One of the committee members will get in touch with you to confirm and get more details.
Leave a message with the DPPCC Staff: 519-741-2641