June 23, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we enter the final week of the 2019-2020 school year, there are a few information items I would like to share with the school community.
Each year, due to retirements, new opportunities, returning staff or desire for change, schools experience movement of staff members. I would like to take this opportunity to let our staff who are leaving our school community know that we are thankful for their many special contributions, and we wish them nothing but the best as they enter a new chapter in their school and vocational lives. Some staffing positions will be filled this summer, so the school community will be updated, in September, on the rest of our new additions.
Staff Members who are moving to new assignments for the 2020-2021 school year include:
- Mr. Jakub (Special Education) – Congratulations on your retirement, Mr. Jakub! Thank you for the great work you have done supporting students, parents and staff members during your time at St. Kateri!
- Mrs. Gruber (Junior Teacher) – moving to St. Timothy CES. Thanking Mrs. Gruber for the 9 years teaching both Junior and Intermediate students at St. Kateri – you will be dearly missed!
- Ms. Manuel (Gr. 1 LTO Teacher) – moving to a school TBD. Ms. Manuel’s second year at St. Kateri after teaching Kindergarten last year. Thank you for the wonderful job you have done educating some of our youngest students!
Welcome to our new Staff members joining us for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Mrs. Jardine – Kindergarten – moving from Holy Family CES
- Mrs. Bannister – Grade 2 – by way of St. Augustine CES
- Mrs. Kulczynska – Grade 2/3 – coming from St. John Paul II CES
- Mr. Nicholls – Grade 5 – transferring from St. Elizabeth CES
We thank all of our staff members for sharing their many gifts and talents with us this past school year.
**If Government and Public Health Guidelines Allow – We Will Again Hold a ‘Sneak Peak’ for Class Placements. More Details Will Be Shared in August**
If permitted, we will invite parents to come into the school on Wednesday, September 2 (between 8:30-3:30) or Thursday, September 3 (between 8:30-5:00) to find out your child’s teacher, classroom, entrance/exit doors and pick up your first week of school information package. If you aren’t able to come in on one of those days, the information package will be sent home with your child and you can call and speak to Mrs. Sowa or Mrs. Dilgert to find out class placements August 31- September 4.
The first day of school is Tuesday, September 8th. Teachers will help guide students to enter the correct doors to the school and we will follow our regular procedures (National Anthem, Morning Prayer, Announcements). Please note that we will not gather as a large group as in years past.
Wishing you all a safe, fun-filled summer!
Yours in Christ,
Ms. R. Kavanagh Mr. D. Lynch
Vice Principal Principal